Business Development Manager, Solutions Partnerships
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
At Square, the Solutions Partnerships team manages the end-to-end strategy and program management of agency and system integrator (SI) partners that build solutions for sellers with Square powered technology. The Business Development Manager role is responsible for developing and executing strategies to sign new Solutions Partners to the Square Online Agency Program, plus help to scale the day-to-day operations. You will become an expert on how Square Online can enhance the way partner’s build omni-commerce solutions for sellers, working closely with Square’s Product and Marketing teams.
This is an essential role on the Solutions Partnerships team, and you will have a good mix of abilities including: aligning incentives to create a positive partner and seller experience, ability to empathize and understand how partners work with sellers, and a desire to achieve significant growth in our business.
- Source and sign new agency and system integrator (SI) partners that can build and sell Square Online
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to fruition. Work with teams across product management, product marketing, seller support, sales teams to identify and pursue potential partners
- Collaborate with partner management to ensure partner strategies align with operational and support capabilities
- Be responsible for partner acquisition and success metrics
- Work independently, and enjoy value-creation with partners
- A compelling and inspired vision and sense of common purpose, with a willingness to look beyond what’s possible today
- Built successful relationships with external parties; worked with business owners and executives to explore new opportunities
- Managed projects with multiple stakeholders; set clear milestones and held people (and self) accountable to goals
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 2+ years of business development experience with a partnerships focus, preferably with experience signing new partners.
- Direct experience with eCommerce a plus
- Experience evaluating opportunities with regard to impact on strategy, brand, finance and operations
- Experience working with or for companies that focus on selling eCommerce solutions, including payments, SaaS tools, and other B2B commerce technology
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources