Senior Software Frontend Engineer, Prices
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
- The Prices team manages tools that help Square merchants set prices, manage taxes, and provide discounts to their customers.
- We are a full-stack team, delivering features through Mobile, Web, and API across nearly all of Square’s products.
- We are reinventing Square’s models for pricing and taxes, building flexible primitives to manage complex needs.
- We also own Square’s subscription platform, managing all subscriptions, usage, and billing.
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Familiarity with back end technologies a bonus (we use Java, Ruby, and Go)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ember JS
- Ruby on Rails
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources