Software Engineer (Frontend), Square Console
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square has grown into a platform of product services that help merchants run their business. From the inside, these product services are segmented into business units with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there's a platform organization that supports this plethora of products.
Our team, Square Console, is part of this larger platform organization. We work with platform teams to help expose functionality of their services via internally accessible browser-based tooling. We build tools for quick and easy deployment, service provisioning, secret management, database monitoring, user administration and so on. We use the latest and greatest technology stack: React.js, TypeScript, Webpack, Jest and styled-components. Our goal is to write well tested, maintainable and readable code that could be understood by engineers with no front-end experience with little effort.
If this sounds interesting, here are some of the tasks that you would work on as part of our team:
- Develop, and deploy incremental improvements to our front-end platform.
- Write reusable components and libraries.
- Write and review engineering design documents and guide product design.
- Work with many teams at Square.
- Write clean, concise and well-tested code.
- Work autonomously with no micromanagement or oversight.
- 4+ years of industry related experience
- Troubleshooting skills through the entire stack, front-end to back-end.
- Experience with React.js stack.
- Good eye for UI and UX.
Technologies we use:
- React Router
- ESLint, Prettier
- Styled Components
- React Testing Library
- And many more.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources