Senior Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Conversations
- Redwood City, CA
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
The Conversations team at Square builds Square Assistant -- a virtual assistant to help merchants serve their customers. Today, Square Assistant responds to customers asking for help with their appointments, including cancellations, confirmations, and conversational rescheduling of appointments; as well as, of course, answering common questions. Looking to 2021 and beyond, the team is taking on more ambitious tasks, such as allowing merchants to extend their Assistant with FAQs they write themselves, GPT research, and discovery of new automation opportunities in ecommerce, disputes, and invoices. The team itself was created in mid-2019 with the acquisition of Eloquent Labs.
We're looking for senior NLP engineers and research scientists, particularly those with an interest in dialog systems, speech, and/or textual entailment.
- Play a key role in designing and developing novel dialog systems within Square
- Build AI systems that will handle millions of conversations
- Collaborate with Backend, iOS, and web engineers to ship features.
- Work cross collaboratively with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design.
- Ship cutting-edge AI to businesses that traditionally haven’t had access to it
- Experience in natural language processing and machine learning
- Experience with Java and Python
- Experience with PyTorch is strongly recommended
- Interest in helping to shape the mission and roadmap of a new team, and rallying others to join you
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources