Global Supply Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
As a Global Supply Manager on the Hardware Operations team, you will be responsible for managing electrical and module related commodities across all of Square's Hardware portfolio. You will manage supplier business relationships which include pricing and contract negotiations, component quality, forecasting, and supply assurance. You will develop sourcing strategies from several component manufacturers. You will have a proven track record in cost negotiation and supply chain management. Understanding manufacturing processes and being passionate about developing commodity risk management strategies and managing business relationships is necessary. You will report to the EE GSM Lead.
We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of a globally distributed team that works across multiple international time zones. This position is based in the U.S. with the majority of U.S.- based team members located in Pacific Standard Time.
- Work with Electrical Engineering, Product Design, Product Team and Hardware Operations to achieve outstanding supplier selection and qualification
- You will focus on the following areas:
- Strategic Sourcing: vendor selection and relationship management, market intelligence on potential suppliers, monitoring vendor deliverables and schedules.
- Supply management: work with suppliers to negotiate business terms and ensure Square receives the cost, quality and performance necessary for today's global market. Influence Square's product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Ensure Square's goals are met and secure supply continuity in a ever changing environment
- Work with the internal team and communicate with senior management about any potential issue which can affect Square's product.
- Understand core materials markets and industry dynamics.
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain issues in real-time with the support of an international team.
- Capacity planning, ramp readiness, yield, throughput improvement and issue resolution.
- Cost Management: negotiate pricing, cost reductions, RFQs, benchmarking and cost modeling.
- Risk Management: Analyze technical and business risks and develop strategies for mitigation in a dynamic industry.
- Travel ~15% mostly internationally (when safe to do so)
- 6+ years of experience in Global Supply Management with electrical components (board electrical, in addition to other EE commodity types
- Experience explaining complex manufacturing and supply chain concepts to business and engineering partners
- Supply Chain Management degree, MS or BS Degree in related disciplines (EE/ME preferred), MBA is a plus.
- Technical background (Electrical highly preferred).
- Knowledge of and experience with, global supplier development & management, and cost management
- Negotiation skills: Cost, Supply, and Development
- Experience meeting challenging organizational goals
- Multi levels of management engagement
- Experience working in multinational environments to accomplish outstanding goals
- The ability to maintain and develop relationships within Square's internal teams and suppliers' teams and management
- Written/verbal communication skills are important for this role
- Google suite, MS excel (can perform complex functions) skills
- Diverse supply base experience.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources