- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Our hardware team builds the tangible connection to all that is Square. We are looking for an exceptional PCB Layout Engineer to help deliver the next generation of products. From the Square Card Reader for NFC and chip cards, Square Stand, Square Terminal and Register, our family of devices is growing - and this is only the beginning. As we introduce more and more of our products to the world, our hardware footprint continues to expand.
- Generate and release rigid and flexible printed circuit designs for a variety of payment and high-security system designs
- Work closely with electrical, mechanical, and factory testing engineers to design hardware for payments and development
- Create and manage schematic symbol, footprint libraries, and design templates.
- Help maintain and enhance component library.
- Review and ensure all parts conform to IPC, manufacturer and company standards.
- Work with our internal ASIC design team to influence chip and chip packaging design to better meet the needs of PCB layout
- 5+ years PCB design experience
- Demonstrated expertise with Altium CAD system, library management and design release process for high-volume product manufacturing
- Experience with RF and high speed PCB design for portable and embedded systems
- Ability to read and understand part specification and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with database management
- Experience with IPC guidelines and various PCB and FPC technologies
- Ability to read schematics and have working knowledge of electronics principles and basic circuit operation
- Experience with PLM (product lifecycle management) practices and PLM tools such as Agile or Arena
- Experience with Altium Concord in addition to Altium CAD system
- Hands-on Electrical Engineering experience
- Some background in mechanical assembly/fabrication
- Experience with PCB DFM for high volume consumer products
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources