Product Manager, Platform Extensibility
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
*Open to remote employees in Canada
The Developer Platform team is driving the evolution of our systems to an open platform that provides access to a rich ecosystem of services for our merchants. We are focused on helping third-party developers build applications and integrations to meet the needs of different merchants to help them better run their business. And good business for them, is good business for us.
You will manage the strategy, priorities, roadmap and delivery of Platform Extensibility Services. You will be responsible for tackling some of the most difficult and technical challenges in our platform. You will work with our most senior leaders in both engineering and product to establish the investment strategy for this area. The key measure of success is accelerating the delivery of APIs and experience that allow Developers to build new experiences on Square's platform. You will enable us to grow the services and APIs we launch in the future.
If you're looking to improve the growth and direction of a company, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Build the strategy for essential services that provide extensibility to Square's Developer Platform.
- Work with our engineering managers to guide delivery of this work.
- Work with our senior product and engineering leaders across many teams (Payments, Catalog, Customers, Orders and many more) to identify the biggest opportunities for us to help external developers while accelerating other teams ability to deliver this functionality.
- Develop industry-leading products that uniquely serve Square's customers.
- Inspire your cross-functional peers to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products.
- Influence important partners throughout Square to align resources and prioritization.
- You will report to the Head of Product for the Developer Platform
- Experience shaping and driving key strategies that have shaped the investment portfolio.
- Experience building developer platforms and ecosystems.
- Customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high-growth environment
- Deeply technical experience where you have worked with the most senior engineers to build solutions
- Developed industry-leading products that have gained a followership and product loyalty
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer is desirable.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources