iOS Engineer, Retail
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Retailers have struggled too long with clunky, outdated and disconnected tools. Even as mammoth Retail and e-commerce forces threaten to disrupt smaller merchants, we are empowering those merchants with simple and elegant solutions to complex problems - like predictive analytics and fluid, omni-channel capabilities to meet customers wherever they are - to always make the sale.
Square for Retail is a growing product team based out of New York, San Francisco, Toronto, and Atlanta. We benefit from (and contribute to) the resources of the larger organization while staying focused on solving Retail-specific challenges. We are relentlessly customer focused, and iterate quickly using a build-measure-learn approach.
- Build and test iOS software with complex server, network and hardware interactions;
- Craft pixel-perfect, intuitive UI that delights our sellers with its ease of use;
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and dedicated engineers and designers;
- Deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence;
- Be a part of creating an innovative product that brings superpowers to sellers.
- 4+ years of iOS development experience, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- An academic attitude towards software development practices
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and product quality
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- A record of self-directed side projects, research, or open source contributions are a plus!
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.