Packaging Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
We are looking for a Packaging Program Manager to join our Hardware team. We create world-class experiences for our customers and pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the financial space. As a Packaging Program Manager, you will own both the packaging requirements and development plans for Square Hardware Products. Your role will be cross-functional, technical, and instrumental to shipping great products for our customers.
Role Location: We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of a distributed team that works across multiple time zones, primary Pacific, Mountain and China Standard Time.
- Manage our packaging development process and schedule for multiple projects.
- Partner with a variety of internal teams, including design, product, and engineering, to capture packaging requirements and strike the right balance for customer experience, design, manufacturing, quality, cost, and scheduling goals.
- Track program risks and drive closure on engineering issues. You will also organize and host design maturity reviews and enforce project milestones.
- Lead the structural development process, managing all validation builds and reliability testing execution
- Oversee the creative development of content, copy, and localization that meet global product, legal, and marketing strategies.
- Attend weekly program and executive reviews to provide updates on the current development and implementation status.
- Be the primary contact for overall development and advocate for the best solution.
- Manage project timelines and balance resource allocation.
- Travel internationally to support pre-production builds and strengthen partner relationships (when it is safe to do so)
- 5+ years of combined experience in program management and packaging development of products
- Experience with recycled and recyclable packaging materials, including paper substrates, corrugated and pulp trays
- Led multi-person teams from concept to commercialization; including stage gate presentations to senior leadership
- Experience resolving and closing technical issues
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% of the year (when it is safe to do so)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related field.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources