Android Software Engineer, Square Conversations
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
In 2020, the Conversations team introduced Square Messages, a messaging platform for merchants to manage conversations with their customers across multiple channels (SMS, email, FB, etc.). Messages is also home to Square Assistant -- a virtual assistant to help merchants serve their customers 24/7. For 2021 and beyond, Messages is coming to Android. Messages for Android will feature integrations with the larger Square ecosystem: Appointments, Feedback, Invoices, and eventually a customizable virtual business phone. The team itself was created in mid-2019 with the acquisition of Eloquent Labs.
We're looking for engineers to build our Android Square Messages product. This is a brand new opportunity, come join us to build something new!
- Play a key role in implementing a new messaging product within Square
- Build a new feature for Square-aware, real-time messaging
- Partner with AI, backend, web, and iOS engineers to ship features.
- Work cross collaboratively with product managers and designers to define and establish product scope and design.
- Ship cutting-edge AI to businesses that traditionally haven’t had access to it.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with Android engineering design and implementation
- Experience with Java/Kotlin and AWS (is a plus)
- Experience in Python and/or an interest in machine learning are a plus
- Interest in helping to shape the mission and roadmap of a new team, and rallying others to join you
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources