Android Engineer, Business Banking
- Toronto, ON, Canada
The Balance and Transfers team is at the forefront of Square’s push to provide first-party banking services to Square sellers. As a member of this full-stack sprint team you will develop key banking features like account and routing numbers, mobile check deposits, sub-accounts as well as novel features that leverage integrations with other parts of a seller’s business or are simply neglected by most banking competitors. We intend to provide our customers with powerful controls over their business’ cash flow that they have never had access to before.
You will also be responsible for owning and evolving Square’s transfers business, which moves hundreds of millions of dollars a day on behalf of our sellers and is relied upon to infallibly get their money exactly where they need it when they need it, even if that means instantly.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
Leveling & Promotions
Square has a robust program in place to ensure that as an engineer you’re always learning, growing, and increasing your impact within the company – regardless of if you’re a new college graduate, or a senior engineer with 10+ years of experience. If you want to learn more, check out this post on our engineering blog.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources