Senior Product Designer, Platform Experience
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.**
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will guide execution for the experiences used by the millions of businesses that run on Square. We have multiple, high impact roles open across several platform and developer-focused teams. We're looking for designers who can guide the vision for important segments of the customer journey and are motivated by complex problem areas. You'll help make decisions that directly improve our product direction and roadmap. Your work will span from core features to experimental projects. Being a collaborative role, you will partner with other designers, project managers, data analysts, and engineers. We believe generalists have a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from napkin sketches to final specifications.
As a designer on a Square platform team, you will help Square shape the products and experiences used daily by our two primary groups: sellers and developers. Our sellers are in a constant state of evolution and progress, reacting and adapting to everything our world throws at them. Square, through the power of our platform, helps sellers grow and adapt to an economic landscape in constant motion. And our developer tools help developers build creative solutions for those sellers that help keep them participating and succeeding in our modern economy.
- 8+ years of professional design experience.
- A portfolio of work that shows you were directly responsible for the success of high impact projects and initiatives that have benefited end-users.
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to large company initiatives.
- Formed ideas and presented them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps.
- Experience questioning and collaborating with your leadership peers and bringing conversations to next steps.
- Been seen as a mentor for other designers, provided feedback, and found ways to improve their work.
- The ability to drive the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along.
- The ability to determine your point of view of what success means for a given initiative.
- Tackled complicated projects and sought the information you needed to move those projects forward.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources