Head of Japan Sales
- Tokyo, Japan
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are looking for the first Head of Japan Sales to build the Square Sales team in Japan. Representing the Japanese market on Square's Global Sales Core Leadership Team, you will set the vision and strategy for the Japan Sales team. Working with Square's Head of International Sales and other cross-functional partners in Japan and globally, you will act as the Sales voice for Japan and will ensure Square Sales is well-represented in-market and that Japan is well-represented within Square Sales. You will hire and directly manage the Account Executive function in Japan. You will be based in our Tokyo office and report to the Head of International Sales in San Francisco.
Set and own the vision, strategy and execution plan for Sales growth in Japan and lead your team to execute this.
Drive accountability in Japan against Square Sales’ Annual Plan.
Build and scale the Japan Sales team to accelerate Square's global footprint.
Hire, coach and directly manage revenue generating Account Executives in Japan.
Conduct weekly pipeline review and forecast meetings with team members.
Support direct reports by participating in client and prospect meetings as needed.
Partner with the US Sales Operations team to identify efficiency opportunities in the Japan Sales process.
Develop Business Development and Sales programs for targeted industry verticals, using analysis done in partnership with local and global Finance and Sales Operations.
Develop and invest in team members ensuring employee engagement and satisfaction is optimized.
Bring an authentic culture unique to your market whilst ensuring it is one of performance, accountability, inclusion and fun.
Represent the voice of the Japanese seller and engage with the US Product team to guide product improvements.
Be an influential leader as part of the Japan GTM team and strategy.
Own, develop and nurture effective and collaborative cross-functional relationships with: Marketing, Partnerships, Account Management, Customer Success, Product, PMM, Finance & Strategy, Recruiting, People, Risk, Compliance and Legal.
- Demonstrated Sales management experience, including hiring, developing and driving accountability.
- The ability to work with Japan-based customers in Japanese (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings).
- Experience leading a metrics-driven Japan-based Sales organisation, preferably in a high volume SaaS or financial services company.
- Experience scaling a Sales team during a time of high growth.
- Experience with standard Sales KPIs and levers that impact performance.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and evolving, dynamic environment.
- Passion for small businesses and how new technologies can help businesses of all sizes start, run and grow.
- An interest in implementing feedback and improving Sales processes.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources