Product Manager, Commerce Platform - Pricing
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square is built by an incredible team that is on a mission to make commerce easy for all types of businesses. Our Commerce Platform team sits at the foundation of Square's products, powering the core capabilities that sit at the heart of Square's commerce solutions. The Pricing team within Commerce Platform oversees the platforms that enable features such as Taxes, Surcharges, Discounts and Subscriptions at Square. As a Product Manager on the team, you will build core features that improve the millions of small businesses using our platform to start and grow their business.
As a Product Manager on the Pricing team within Commerce Platform, you will oversee platform and product development from ideation to delivery. You will build the strategy for how core pricing features fit into Squares omni-channel experiences across our web (Square Online Store, Web Point of Sale) and mobile (Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, Square for Appointments) solutions. You will advocate for the voice of our sellers and 3rd party developers to provide a set of platform capabilities and user experiences that are not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but also create a competitive advantage for Square. This is a visible role that provides an opportunity to oversee an essential piece of Square's omni-channel commerce ecosystem.
You will work with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other team members within the organization to ensure our products provide a remarkable, delightful experience. On any given day, your job may include researching seller feedback, building a new strategy, presenting to executive leadership, building new experiences, iterating on experiments, and planning or prioritizing plans. You will oversee the full stack product management of the platform, APIs, and user-experiences that empower sellers with flexible solutions to differentiate their business and succeed.
- Help shape the direction, influence product strategy, and establish practices to address customer needs
- Use feedback from sellers and developers across multiple markets to improve our Pricing feature portfolio to meet needs across the entire Square ecosystem
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals
- You will outline entire roadmaps and project requirements, goals, and constraints
- Work with your engineering, design, and analytics partners to execute on your team's roadmap
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization
- Determine features, write product and technical specs, organize user studies, help write test plans, manage the backlog
- Experience building mobile and web products - including experience working on products with developer facing interfaces (i.e. APIs and SDKs) and shipping elegant customer-facing products
- Experience in the e-commerce/retail/payments industry
- 5 or more years of professional experience as a Product Manager for a platform or consumer oriented product
- Experience working with a high-performing team of software engineers, using agile software development practices
- Experience working with data analytics to understand product usage, identify opportunities, and design experiments that help you to measure your products performance
- Passion for Square's mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources