Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack), Retail
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
From the cozy local wine store to the trendy sneaker pop-up, the Retail team at Square is finding new ways to equip retail sellers and their staff with the tools they need to succeed. Our team is relentlessly customer focused and helps smaller retailers meet their customers wherever they are: be that in-store, online, or on social/messaging platforms. We’re addressing the desire for clean and minimalist store counters with intuitive yet sophisticated iOS, Android, and Web-based software that integrates seamlessly with our sleek hardware, all backed by highly reliable services. The Retail team benefits from the resources of (and contributes to) the larger organization while staying focused on solving Retail-specific challenges.
As a technical leader on the Retail Inventory team, you will make high quality contributions while also coordinating and guiding junior engineers to do the same. You'll work cross functionally with Product and Design to build features that present elegant UI for complex problems, saving sellers time and reducing anxiety as they strive to manage and understand their inventory – logistics that are at the very heart of every retailer’s business.
- Leverage your extensive expertise in either web frontend or server technologies to lead and empower a full stack group of Android, iOS, web frontend, and server engineers building solutions together that meet our sellers’ challenges.
- Deliver highly impactful tools for Retail sellers to manage and understand their inventory.
- Work across platforms to power remarkable frontend experiences with robust backend services and APIs.
- Create and maintain technical systems and write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests.
- Achieve the levels of reliability and correctness that merchants and buyers expect when they entrust Square with their financial and business information.
- Collaborate across teams in an agile environment to deliver solutions that solve complex business problems.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience developing scalable production software and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to lead and mentor a group of software engineers to deliver solutions while fostering growth.
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and the quality of your work.
- An eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others.
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues.
- Motivation to build beautiful, refined and intuitive products
- Curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Proficiency in server and/or web frontend technologies
- Experience with Go or Java preferred, but not required
Technologies we use and teach:
- Protocol Buffers, gRPC, Ember, Guice, Rails
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Snowflake
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources