Product Manager, Knowledge Graph Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
All of Square's product services are organized into business units with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there's a connected platform team that supports the network. We are that platform. Through various data pipelines, we collect data from across Square's ecosystem of products. Our knowledge graph infrastructure contains 3 billion connections between 200 million entities across Square. This connected data is used across multiple teams, from getting more users onto the Square platform to feature development for statistical models. The scope of this team's work is rapidly growing and there are many opportunities for improving Square's growing global audience. We need an innovative leader, with knowledge graph experience, to guide the team's evolution in a quickly evolving business.
As a product manager, you will oversee the future of our knowledge graph infrastructure. This involves the full life-cycle from strategy to development through launching across different teams. You will collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and cross-functional teams to ensure that our solutions are scalable and reusable.
- Provide technical vision and strategy for building scalable knowledge graphs that are integrated throughout human and machine-driven decisions
- Perform user research to understand workflows, customer needs, and existing solutions and experiences
- Balance immediate stakeholder needs vs longer term vision
- Work with the engineering manager lead a dream team of software and data engineers to build your vision
- Set and analyze impact-based metrics for the platform to guide direction, prioritization, and measure success for the platform
- Build software and glue between a diverse set of engineering, data science, product partners to support decisions affecting millions of dollars flowing daily through our payments and consumer systems.
- 5+ year(s) of product management experience
- 2+ years in a technical role, such as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Product Manager on a technical product.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs Experience with domains related to information retrieval, machine learning, entity resolution, natural language processing, ontology
- A technical degree, such as Computer Science or Math.
- Professional experience with machine learning.
- Experience working with analytics practitioners in different contexts
- Worked with A collection of Big Data tech (S3, Spark, Elasticsearch, or graph databases)
- Experience with Cloud-based (GCP/AWS) application development
- Experience building platforms
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources