Product Manager, Developer Experience
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Developer Platform team is leading the evolution to an open platform that provides access to a rich ecosystem of services for our merchants. We are focused on helping third-party developers build applications and integrations to meet the needs of different merchants to help them better run their business. And good business for them is good business for us.
You will oversee the strategy, priorities, road-map and delivery of services that ensure a rich Developer Experience for third-party developers using our platform. You will work with our most senior leaders in both engineering and product to establish the investment strategy for this area. Your responsibilities will help us to grow the Products and APIs we launch for third-party developers.
If you're looking to impact the growth and direction of a company, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
- Create and execute the strategy for developer tools including SDKs, Sandbox, dashboard and technical documentation for Square's Developer Platform.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the product's success.
- Work with our engineering managers to guide delivery of this work.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills - leading execution across Square Payments, Catalog, Customers, Orders and more)
- Apply a data-driven and qualitative approach in developing industry-leading products that uniquely serve Square's customers.
- Inspire your peers to build a partnership in delivering excellent products and services (which spans engineering, product, design, marketing and data science teams).
- Actively participate in and be a thought leader in the open-source community around public platform engineering projects and well versed in industry best practices, patterns and tools.
- Product development or technical background, either as an engineer or in a previous technical role with prior hands-on development experience, managing APIs or in developing and presenting technical demos and content
- Experience shaping and driving key strategies that have shaped the investment portfolio of a company
- Experience building developer products and ecosystems
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs and that have gained a followership and product loyalty
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high-growth environment
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer is desirable
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources