Senior Software Engineer, Orders
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
- We are a team that ties together many software components across Square, including Payments, Prices and Catalog, allowing developers to quickly combine all components to develop new features on top of Square’s platform.
- Our Order Platform APIs are designed for use by first (internal) and third-party (external) developers.
- We design high-volume, low-latency, distributed transaction processing systems, making thoughtful tradeoffs between consistency and availability when both are not possible.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Natural curiosity and a desire to explore solutions in a small and focused team
- Experience pursuing side projects, research, or open source projects
Technologies we use:
- Java, Ruby, Go
- iOS, Android, web
- Guice, Guava, Protocol Buffers, gRPC, jOOQ, Rails
- MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Vertica
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources