GM, Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We envision a more fair financial system, one in which everyone has access. Where sellers of all sizes can grow. Towards this aim, Square Capital has extended over $6+ billion in funding to our sellers, helping them manage their cash flows and invest in and grow their businesses. We have empowered hundreds of thousands of Square sellers with affordable capital, and can assist some of the smallest, most underserved sellers with our proprietary data and underwriting techniques.
We are looking for a General Manager for Square Capital, who shares these beliefs, and has the virtues to serve Sellers where they need it most -- access to Capital. We seek someone who can articulate the "Why", empathize for our sellers, and always ground us in our purpose. We seek someone who is motivated to support our Sellers by serving their team. We are excited by some who can preserve our high-bar, defend remarkability through coaching our talent in the pursuit of better.
In this capacity, you will oversee the success of the Capital Team. You will need to own the breadth of the entire domain, while selectively going deep where it's required. This will range from core functions, such as Design, Engineering, Product, Marketing, Policy, and Operations to also leading cross-functional teams such as Legal, Risk, Compliance, and our Banking Partners.
You will set the strategic direction, promoting alignment and ensuring execution in realizing it. You will manage many functional disciplines (technical + non-technical) and ensure they work together effectively. You will discover new levers of growth, through portfolio expansion, product optimizations, or process\platform refactoring. Ultimately, you will inspire many to serve in our aim to further democratize more equal access to capital.
- Consistent track record of business leadership, and product management
- Launched or grown several large-scale products (multiple dependencies)
- Experience with high growth, and demonstrated ability to personally scale
- Leadership at scale and ability to affect change at all levels and disciplines
- Working knowledge of modern software systems (distributed services or monoliths)
- Strong Quantitative skills is an asset (ie: Credit Systems, Underwriting, or Data-Science)
- Exceptional soft skills, and ability to lead, inspire, and explain
- 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 12+ years with a Master's degree
- A passion for Square, and humbly serving our Sellers
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources