Product Manager, IT Experience
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
As a Product Manager for our internal IT team, you will create a strategy that enables a simple and delightful IT experience for Square's employees (Squares). You will manage the technical road map for compelling new IT infrastructure and services that helps Squares be most productive. Your partnership with internal customers and partners will be essential to re imagining the future of work and unleashing new ways to work with a globally distributed workforce.
- Identify the multitude of Square employee personas and develop an understanding of the technology problems they face daily. You will use this information to explain your customers' "Jobs to Be Done", determine features and write product specifications.
- Partner with important partners such as Real Estate, Workplace, and Trust and Safety to (re)imagine the future of work
- Work with IT engineering teams and team members across the organization to scope and develop relevant technology infrastructure (e.g. employee compute hardware, cloud services, AV tech) and services (e.g. ML, observability, data analytics) that meet the needs of Squares.
- Be a product owner, accountable and responsible for end-to-end service delivery and life cycle management of people, process, technologies across the portfolio.
- Rationalize and influence leadership on build vs. buy options.
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance and cost to meet strategic and financial (ROI) goals.
- 8+ years of experience in any of the following technical fields - IT hardware, SaaS applications, cloud computing, virtualization and global infrastructure, networking, security, or software development
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management
- An experimental mindset that uses data and metrics to backup assumptions and support decision-making.
- Experience testing clear hypotheses, and prepare solutions without well-defined direction.
- Experience building trust with customers, internal partners/team members and executives.
- Experience presenting ideas and solutions (PRFAQs, PRDs, QBRs ) to a variety of audiences, including executives, engineers, our teams and the entire company.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources