Product Manager, eCommerce Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Square eCommerce team, formed with the acquisition of Weebly in May 2018, is on a mission to make it easy for anyone to sell online. With more than 40 million users across Weebly, Square Online Store, Square Online Checkout, and our other eCommerce products, we are passionate about helping restaurants, retailers, and sellers of all kinds reach success -- both online and offline.
As Senior Product Manager — eCommerce Platform, you will help lead our newly formed platform team as we build APIs and platform products relied upon by developers both internal to Square and externally, powering online commerce functionality for sellers around the world. You will report to the eCommerce Product Lead for Store Operations & Platform as you partner with Engineering, Design, Analytics, and other product and platform teams across Square to integrate and launch remarkable experiences.
You have experience working with APIs and leading platform strategy, and are passionate about the potential for platforms to unlock new opportunities for seller success. Our eCommerce Platform, together with Square's existing Connect APIs and Developer Platform, will help shape the future of how checkout and fulfillment experiences work online.
- Establish product strategy and improve our customers' experience using a variety of inputs, and articulate rationale behind decisions
- Create and guide our platform roadmap and represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to influence and align resources and prioritization
- Understand the needs of Square sellers, third-party developers, and teams within Square building on our platform, and guide our team to ship remarkable solutions
- Foster an environment that enables the eCommerce Platform Engineering team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- In collaboration with engineering, marketing, and analytics partners, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- 3+ years of experience shipping successful platform products and APIs that required partnering across multiple teams, organizations, and companies
- Ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease. You can readily communicate technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Passion for our purpose of economic empowerment and helping sellers succeed
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction based on customer needs
- Great relationship-building skills that shine when you're talking with a customer, cross-functional partner, or engaging a diverse audience
- Natural curiosity and growth mindset, obsession with the details
- Self-starter with proven experience delivering results across the finish line
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources