Lead User Researcher, eCommerce
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
User Research champions the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to help us make better decisions. This Lead User Researcher reports to Head of UXR and is part of the Product team within Square eCommerce. You will work in partnership with best-in-class product managers, designers, marketers, engineers, alongside other researchers and partners to deliver insights that drive remarkable omnichannel solutions to support our sellers. You'll take on meaningful, strategic research projects to produce a lasting impact on our business and our users' experience. This position is remote-friendly.
- Independently define project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights.
- Work with product managers, designers, marketers, engineers and more, and own the entire research process from ideation to insights.
- Identify knowledge gaps, develop research plans, and deliver high quality research outcomes.
- Connect insights and approaches across multiple squads and data sources to encourage a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Be the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build strong relationships with stakeholders and leaders of the organization.
- Find creative ways to present and evangelize insights throughout the organization, and help cultivate a highly informed, curious, and empathetic learning culture.
- Help our team identify and learn about current and potential opportunities to better serve our sellers, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- Shape User Research capabilities and processes, playing an important role in scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value.
- Mentor others on the team on what top-notch research looks like, through the execution, synthesis and communication of actionable insights.
- 6+ years' experience conducting UX research, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods, such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, usability testing, and surveys.
- Experience leading both generative and evaluative research at different steps of product development, from discovery to delivery to optimization. Your day-today consists of leading research projects end-to-end: gather requirements, develop research materials, execute, analyze and communicate insights.
- Strong expertise in both qual and quant research methods, comfortable leading multiple mixed-methods research projects simultaneously.
- A keen eye for identifying knowledge gaps and ability to develop holistic research agendas to fill such gaps.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging strong partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems.
- Ambition, curiosity and attention to detail.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources