Engineering Manager, Square Appointments - Mobile
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
As a leader within the Appointments team, you will be responsible for managing a team of Android and iOS engineers that designs, builds, and maintains our native apps across iOS, Android and Square’s own hardware platform (Register). Your team will have direct responsibility for launching critical new features that help our merchants, across the world, manage their schedules, payments, employees and customers. As a member of the Appointments leadership bench you will also advocate for making continuous investments in developer productivity and code quality along with timely feature delivery.
- Manage a world-class team of experienced and passionate Android and iOS engineers.
- Grow the team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical & managerial expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Set the technical vision & direction for the team and lead the team to achieve it.
- Form excellent working relationships with your counterparts in design, product, marketing, external QA vendors as well as other engineering and business teams across Square.
- Plan, organize, schedule & document team’s work to ensure successful project execution.
- Participate in essential technical, design, and product discussions with teams across the organization.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (6+ years preferred)
- At least 2 years experience managing and mentoring engineers (including providing feedback, investing in the career growth of your team members and growing teams).
- A knack for creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code.
- An eye for design and an ear for the customer.
- Passion for building remarkable experiences in mobile applications.
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, Java
- Workflow - A Swift and Kotlin library for making composable state machines, and UIs driven by those state machines.
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources