Senior Software Engineer (Tax - Frontend), Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are open to hiring in multiple locations within the US & Canada.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved. Cash app leads financial innovation and continuing in that tradition we are launching a new financial product -- Taxes, into the Cash App ecosystem. As a member of the founding team for this vertical, the ideal person will play a lead in creating the technical requirements, implementing new systems, integrating existing tax technology into Cash’s infrastructure, and a leadership role for front-end engineering for Cash App.
- Play a role in the initial scoping of product requirements for this new product
- Design and implement a technical front-end strategy
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production
- Collaborate with your teammates, learn from them and teach them
- Prioritize maintainable and well-tested code
- Work with stakeholders, including other engineering teams and with customer operations teams
- Contribute to shared technologies, including our open source projects
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer or leader
- Well-developed curiosity and enjoy building creative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java and Kotlin, with JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- MySQL and Vitess
- GraphQL, gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Event-driven architecture
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.