Senior Software Engineer (Financial Platform), Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are open to hiring in multiple locations within the US & Canada.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Do you love building software? Our Financial Platform team on Cash App is looking for Senior Software Engineers to help us.
The Financial Platform team is responsible for building cost-effective, reliable, scalable tool sets that power products built by CashApp. To allow our product teams to remain agile, nimble and focused on providing an amazing customer experience, they build deep integrations with underlying financial infrastructures to scale our systems.
- Design, build and support the core systems used to power all transactions on CashApp
- Break existing monoliths into event-driven microservices
- Creatively solve challenging technical problems at scale
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define the roadmap by thoroughly understanding customers’ needs
- Have autonomy to research and achieve outcomes with support when you need it
- Contributing to the growth of our development capabilities through leading, mentoring and supporting fellow engineers
- 5 or more years of experience delivering quality software
- Natural curiosity to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems and build quality software
- Desire to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- Kubernetes, AWS
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Guice, GRPC
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.