Senior Software Engineer - Investing, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We are open to hiring in multiple locations within the US & Canada.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As a mobile-first financial solution, we’re building industry-changing tools to give our customers financial superpowers. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and improving Cash App Invest product features and infrastructure. We launched equities trading a little over a year ago and have seen incredible growth. As of Q3 2020 we were the fastest growing product in Square’s history with over 2.5M users who have traded a stock on the product. We are scaling quickly and are excited to grow the team!
- Participate in design, creation, and scaling of investing services.
- Learn about the mechanics and regulations of securities trading.
- Work with a functional team, project teams, external teams of various disciplines and autonomously.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Own features and functions throughout their life cycle, from inception, rollout, launch scale, and iteration.
- Prioritize quality code and testing.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- An open mind and desire to learn.
- Experience working across teams and disciplines.
- A pragmatic approach with a focus on delivery.
- Ability to excel in macro and micro elements of software design.
- Willingness to contribute to the growth of those around you.
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Vitess, Guice
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.