Transaction Monitoring Analyst, Seller
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The mission of the Transaction Monitoring team at Square is to perform ongoing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring and other ongoing reviews to meet our regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements. We monitor to ensure the safety and soundness of the Square system and maintain a healthy, compliant customer base.
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? Square is looking for someone who is an experienced and motivated professional to combat BSA/AML risk as part of the transaction monitoring compliance program.
- Monitor and act upon compliance-related alerts, including reviewing potentially suspicious activity and activity that violates Square's rules
- Use detective-like mentality to investigate and escalate potentially suspicious activity such as money laundering
- Verify merchant information as part of identity verification and conduct due diligence reviews for anti-money laundering purposes
- Work with Square customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Partner with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- Occasionally attend compliance-related seminars to stay informed about the compliance industry
- Communicate with customers through Client Relationship Management Systems (CRM) and email
- Experience in BSA/AML compliance or legal work with a financial institution or payment-focused company
- Passion for Square, and an interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- An operations mindset involving time-sensitive directives
- Experience communicating with and recognizing possible bad actors with a detective-like mentality
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources