Software QA Engineer, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As a Software QA Engineer on Cash, you'll oversee the planning, design, development, and execution of manual and automated test suites for Cash. You'll work with members of the release management organization, and product & engineering teams to create smoke, regression and feature test suites, and plan for automated solutions to execute and validate against every build.
- Own the quality of features and lead test efforts for a product area Review PRDs, functional and design specifications and prepare test plans
- Work with cross-functional peers to develop manual and automated test suites for existing (and new) features
- Integrate with CI systems, parallelize automated test execution, including execution in device cloud
- Work with QA & Release Managers to certify a release and investigate issues from Early Access Program
- Understanding of code/scripting languages such as Python or Ruby or Java
- Experience working with CI systems in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- A commitment to creating clear and concise test suites from specifications or test cases
- Experience partnering with Product teams, Engineering teams, and QA teams
- A record of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.