- Holladay, UT
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
About Square Financial Services - AKA “The Bank”
Our purpose of economic empowerment guides everything we do at Square. Now, with that purpose in mind, we’re creating a bank. Square Financial Services is expected to launch in 2021, offering small business loans and deposit products. Within this team you’ll be on the forefront of creating a bank that allows customers to thrive. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
SFS has launched a search for a ILC Treasury Accountant. You will be an experienced Bank Treasury Accountant who will report directly to the Treasury Manager. You will provide treasury, accounting, and financial oversight and will ensure the Bank's financial records are complete and accurate.
- You will oversee back office treasury operations, including managing Fedline Advantage and Fedline Command applications.
- You will ensure funding of AP and Payroll Operating bank accounts.
- You will prepare treasury and cash related journal entries, month-end account reconciliations and flux analysis
- You will develop as well as manage cash flow forecasts.
- You will monitor Interest Rate models and report the results to senior management and the board of directors
- You will provide updates and analyses for the Bank entity during close meetings with Square's corporate accounting team
- You will address inquiries related to Bank financials and board reports
- You will aid the Bank with statutory audits by facilitating requests from internal and external auditors and bank regulators
- You will maintain documentation to support compliance with regulatory requirements
- You will partner with Square's Accounting, Procurement, Finance & Strategy, Tax, Counsel and Treasury teams to ensure the Bank's operational needs are met
- You will implement enhancements and improvements
- You will processes and document controls to ensure FDICIA compliance internal control environment
- 3+ years of related work experience in treasury, accounting, and finance; bank specific treasury, accounting, and regulatory experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related; or CPA or CTP preferred
- High-level understanding and implementation of a control environment
- A process-driven approach, with natural curiosity
- Passion for Square and desire to help customers
- Proficiency in accounting research
- Efficiency and improvement-focused
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at) squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources