Android Software Engineer, Verse
- Barcelona, Spain
Verse is a financial brand within the ecosystem of Square, located in Barcelona. Our goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Our digital wallet allows you to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select European countries.
We are collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company’s growth across the European Union.
We want to hire the best talent to join our team, headquartered in Spain. Interested in learning more?
As part of the Android engineering team for Verse, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building excellent user experiences to help us connect the universe through payments.
- Create durable, well-tested software for millions of users around the world
- Build and evolve features in an application used and loved by almost a million users
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation and release
- Work closely with designers and business teams to define and implement elegant solutions to interesting problems
- Write unit, integration and UI tests to prevent bugs
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Collaborate with the Product team to plan new features and work with iOS and backend engineers
- Have a meaningful impact on the future Verse
- Boundless curiosity and persistence
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguity and collaboratively
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- We work in an English environment, proficiency in English and Spanish is preferred
Technologies we use and teach:
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines and applicable regulations.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your request and information as confidentially as possible in accordance with our privacy policies and applicable requirements. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.