Data Engineer, CPG Analytics
- Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As an embedded Data Engineer in the Communication Platform Growth (CPG) team, you will architect and manage data-processing pipelines and data models that curate product and email event-tracking data for fast and thorough analysis. You will allow the CPG Analytics team to make data-driven decisions and bring ROI optimization to the next level.
- Develop the CPG engagement data warehouse and related data pipelines to empower data access and self-service
- Partner with business stakeholders and downstream data consumers to understand data and translate business requirements into scalable data pipelines.
- Perform analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve business issues
- 5+ years of data engineer experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team with expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and experience with data modeling design, ETL pipeline implementation and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools.
- Hands-on experience in cloud-based computing services and data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, or similar technologies.
- Strong communication, business intuition, and empathy partnered with the ability to understand complex business systems
- Openness to learning new languages
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.