Technical Program Manager, Financial Crimes
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products like Cash App and our Seller tools. They work globally with partners in engineering and counsel to guarantee we're meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations. As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) focused on Financial Crimes, you'll use your technical expertise to lead complex, versatile programs that affect the entire company. From internal tools used by hundreds of people to public facing products used by millions, you will help accelerate delivery of technical programs at scale by guiding teams, making data-driven decisions, managing risks, and communicating with executives and partners. TPMs at Square are masters at managing multiple programs at the same time, you are equally comfortable in a roomful of executives as you are with hashing out complex technical project details.
- Manage technology programs, gathering requirements, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and delivery
- Highlight risks and communicate those risks to partners
- Work with distributed teams to launch supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines and communicate with teams on status, risks and change control.
- Identify the essential technical risk areas and develop mitigation strategies.
- Communicate important developments, updates, and problems to teams in other disciplines.
- Grasp complex technical topics and abstract important risks into an applicable plan.
- Shape processes for efficiency and scale in the software engineering organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following technical fields - cloud computing, virtualization and global infrastructure, networking, security, or software development
- 4+ years of experience in technical program management of large-scale engineering efforts
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical, cross-teams
- Experience in distilling complex issues into solvable and applicable tasks
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo
- Bonus: Experience in financial crimes compliance and a desire to work in Fintech, Regtech, and Blockchain technology
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources