Product Marketing Manager - Developer Platform
- Toronto, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Product Marketing Manager ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels, at the right time, and represents the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. The ultimate goal is to make sure we are building the right products and to increase growth and usage of the products within the portfolio.
We are looking for a data-driven Product Marketing Manager to work on a set of APIs for the Square Developer Platform. As the Product Marketing Manager, You will understand the developer space, knowledge of go-to-market tactics and good messaging skills.
- Identify and segment target developers, their pain points and needs through qualitative and quantitative research, and solutions to meet those needs
- Develop use cases for new products to inform overall marketing strategy
- Work with product managers, engineers and advocates to develop new products and enhance existing products, ensuring that the of our developers' voice always represented
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and essential messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns throughout the developer journey
- Build the go-to-market plan and post-launch marketing programs with marketing channel managers, partnerships manager, account managers, and sales to promote API adoption.
- Work with copy and design teams to develop marketing creatives
- Review competitor products and marketing, and guide ongoing differentiation
- Ensure all marketing materials undergo appropriate legal and compliance review
- Support marketing team projects
- A BA/BS degree
- 5+ years professional experience
- 3+ years working in a product marketing capacity - ie partner with product management and engineering to represent market requirements, and with channel managers to support product launches and ongoing campaign optimization. Alternatively, 3+ years experience working in product management for a marketing-related product.
- Previous background in B2B or B2C marketing, with exposure to developer marketing and developer communities.
- Strong quantitative ability, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced environment.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources