Senior International Tax Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square is looking for an International Tax Manage to join its growing tax team. You'll report to our International Tax Lead and be a part of the International Tax function and will help manage all U.S. international, cross-border and non-U.S. tax matters affecting our business, which includes:
- Advise on the tax consequences of businesses and operating strategies such as expansion into new markets,
- Identify, develop, and implement tax strategies,
- Provide support with Squares quarterly effective tax rate, tax forecasts close process, and annual U.S. international tax compliance requirements,
- Tax modeling concerning U.S. international tax matters (GILTI, FDII, FTC, BEAT, etc.) and foreign tax matters (CIT, VAT, WHT)
- Support transfer pricing planning and implementation thereof, and
- Manage/consulting on all tax audit activity outside the U.S.
This role can sit in any of Square's US Office or be full-time remote from the contintental United States.
- Support the International Tax Lead in the development, feasibility modeling, and implementation of new tax strategies
- Help implement Squares global transfer pricing policies. This includes:
- Monitor international tax developments that could have an impact on said policies, and support with the development and implementation of an action plan designed to reduce any adverse consequences to Square,
- Prepare the quarterly intercompany calculations and required journal entries (buy-in payments, cost sharing calculations and general and administrative expense allocations),
- Gather the information required to prepare all Transfer Pricing Documentation Obligations globally and review the related reports, and
- Monitor the inter-company relationships with a view to identify activities that require a new inter-company agreement or revisions to existing agreements and work with Legal and Accounting to operationalize these new agreements.
- Help with the Quarterly Close process, including the drafting / updating of the required Tax Provision memoranda,
- Help with the preparation and review of all U.S. international tax compliance reporting obligation (Form 5471, CbC report, Form 1118 and Form 8858)
- Provide support with the preparation of Square's U.S. tax withholding and reporting obligations
- 8+ years of experience including in a Big 4 international tax department, or law firm
- Experience with U.S. international tax matters in both tax consulting and compliance
- Experience in cross-border intercompany transactions
- Experience with transfer pricing and country by country reporting
- Can analyze all sides of an argument
- Experience researching and writing tax technical memos, document tax positions for our auditors, and ensure that the proper checks and balances are in place to ensure all aspects have been considered.
- Project management and planning experience including ability to working on many projects at one time
- Proficient in US transfer pricing regulations and OECD guidelines
- Proficient with Subchapter C of the Internal Revenue Code
- A solid understanding of non-US indirect tax rules (VAT/GST)
- CPA, MST, JD, LLM
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources