Data Analyst, Financial Crimes
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square is building two powerful eco systems to empower businesses and individuals financially.
Square Seller builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Cash App’s mission is to serve the unbanked and completely disrupt traditional financial institutions and is currently the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Cash App has gone from a simple peer to peer payments product to a dynamic app with 30+ million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products including Cash App and Seller tools. We work globally with partners in business, engineering, counsel and product to guarantee we are providing a safe user experience for our customers while minimizing or eliminating bad activity on our platform.
As a data analyst on the Financial Crimes team, you will work with our users and engineering to design, build, and test financial crimes pipelines; build Looker dashboards that support finance, compliance, reconciliation, and product teams; and develop data pipelines to support early detection and alerting of anomalies.
- Work with non-technical partners and product teams to understand their needs and come up with an automated end-to-end solution.
- Translate our requirements into applicable data requirements.
- Design, curate, and document ETL pipelines to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting.
- Bridge the gap between our requirements and ETL logic by troubleshooting data discrepancies and implementing scalable solutions.
- Become an expert on Square's reporting platforms for development and visualization.
- Maintain security and data access models within Square's reporting platforms.
- Identify ways to improve existing reports and processes.
- Teach and encourage others to self-serve while building reports that make it simpler and faster for them to do so.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience building reporting infrastructure and dashboards.
- Ability to understand non-technical business customers' needs and translate them into automated reporting
- Experience managing ETL pipelines.
- Familiarity with schema design, query optimization, and data pipeline maintenance. Snowflake, BigQuery, MySQL or similar data handling experience.
- Familiarity with Looker, Airflow, Python, Tableau, or Git
- Experience with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies and processes, especially AML transaction monitoring typologies and rules
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources