Senior UX and Design Researcher, Point of Sale and Customers
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Square Point of Sale and Customers team is looking for a mixed-methodology researcher to help guide and inspire our teams by uncovering meaningful human-centered insights to drive great product design and innovation. We know we can’t build remarkable products without first understanding how our customers will use them in the real world, and that's where you come in. You will help connect Square with the sellers and buyers we serve—learning from their unique context, stories, and needs to ensure our products and services are relevant, useful, and delightful.
- Support design, product, and product marketing with research for Square's core Point of Sale app and complementary products including Virtual Terminal, Team Management, Customer Directory, Invoices, Marketing, Loyalty, and Gift Cards.
- Work with team members to identify research needs from small to large initiatives and help the team frame research goals and ask the right questions.
- Design and execute research projects to support a cross-functional team on several domains, including customer needs, product design, segmentation, and customer communications.
- Employ both qualitative and quantitative research methods to obtain insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and develop recommendations for the product and design teams.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to facilitate self-serve UX research.
- Advocate the customer perspective within the POS and Customers team and across Square.
- 8+ years of experience leading research projects in a professional environment.
- Relevant experience conducting a variety of research affecting all aspects of business and product development —from exploratory research to usability studies to in-market surveys.
- Experience leading or co-leading both deep dive and quick-turn ad hoc research.
- Agile approach to adapting research practices to meet team needs under tight timeframes.
- Focus on improving the product and user experience in an iterative and collaborative environment.
- Experience designing and leading qualitative fieldwork using a range of techniques (e.g. remote and in-person usability testing, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, ethnographies, focus groups, co-creation workshops, etc.)
- A willingness to get hands-on and personally recruit participants.
- Experience conducting survey research end-to-end including questionnaire development, programming, sample management, data weighting, analysis, and reporting.
- Familiarity with quantitative methods for market research (e.g. NPS/customer satisfaction, segmentation, market sizing, pricing, etc.) is not required but a plus.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources