Sr. Vendor Relationship Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square is establishing Vendor and Software Management within the Business Applications group and is need of a person who is both a process architect and vendor relationship manager. You will be responsible for synthesizing a vision and strategy that enables higher performance and cost reduction from our strategic vendors (hardware and software) including defining processes and execution at an operational level.
- Partner with different team members to assess our needs, financials and the technology vendor market to determine the best options and sources of supply for the Business Applications organization.
- Partner with senior leadership within the Business Technology, Finance, Legal and Square's larger indirect procurement organization to balance cost, risk and speed, and ensure that the business can work towards its goals.
- Determine technology sourcing strategies for IT products, services, and digital platforms in consideration of our goals and priorities.
- Run strategic price negotiations with Business Applications suppliers to ensure regulatory compliance and favorable contract terms (in conjunction at times with Indirect Procurement)
- Create programs that review our hardware/software/services spend on an ongoing basis and ensure that Square is getting the best possible deal.
- Create a vendor service management practice that uses tools such as vendor scorecard, service review, and QBRs to understand and improve vendor relationships.
- Stay informed about industry trends that have an impact on IT strategy.
- 10+ years relevant experience IT Software, Hardware and services procurement.
- Experience establishing a Vendor Management vision and strategy.
- Experience presenting ideas and solutions to a variety of audiences, including executives, engineers and business teams.
- Experience mentoring junior personnel
- Proven track record negotiating software and hardware.
- Build business partnerships with customers, internal partners/stakeholders and executives.
- Experience working with technical and non-technical team members.
- An ability to distill complex issues into solvable and applicable tasks.
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources