- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for an Account Executive with a positive and winning attitude to join our Sales Team. Your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem-solving help you find opportunities for Square to help merchants grow. Your extraordinary communication skills help you connect with customers by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and relationships, and building value throughout the sales process.
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales goals Lead in developing and circulating your best practices which are the foundation of this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share with Product, Marketing, and Partnerships teams
- Implement creative ways to improve our customer relationships, tailor, and share performance-enhancing suggestions
- Be an outward-facing ambassador of Square’s beliefs, brand, and products
- Communicate with prospects by phone and email (80% of time)
- Have fun and not take yourself too seriously
- 1+ year in a qualifying or prospecting role
- A BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- Experience or an interest in outbound sales and prospecting
- Experience exceeding sales targets
- A structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position Square against competition
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, and can inspire passion in others
- An interest in implementing feedback, and dedication to the improvement of your craft
- Tenacity and an ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills that help you connect with customers by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and partnership
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources