Software Engineer, Financial Crimes Technology
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We want employees to be able to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of an org that works across pacific, central, and eastern time zone(s).
In this role, you and your direct team will be primarily organized and operating within the pacific standard time zone. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours.
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square products like our core seller tools. They work globally with partners in engineering and counsel to guarantee we’re meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations.
We’re looking for an engineering lead to help us build new solutions that further those goals, joining our global compliance team in the process. At our scale, we’re monitoring billions of dollars in transactions across traditional payment and block chain networks. We’re uncovering money laundering topologies before they impact our users and upend lives. Help us solve these challenging problems with data science, machine learning and efficient tooling. You will work with our teams to surface and display the appropriate data in a simple thoughtful way. Together, we’ll improve workflow and case tools, adding features that empower agent productivity and automate the high volume of monitoring and reporting we do.
- Work with our internal users and engineering teams to build tools that solve our business problems
- Design experiences so the team can be brave, move fast, and execute
- Test your code rigorously, and with automation
- Follow agile practices and launch iteratively and improve over time
- Write clean, testable code which will be a model for the team around you
- Technically lead a diverse portfolio of full-stack engineering projects
- 5+ years experience developing full stack web applications
- Python, Java, or Ruby software development experience
- Some experience developing front-end applications
- Desire or experience working with Fintech, Regtech, Blockchain, machine learning, data science, and virtual currencies
- A curious, passionate, growth-oriented mindset
- Natural curiosity and a desire to manage all aspects of building our tools in a small, and very growing team
- You must enjoy writing and shipping production software
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources