Senior Developer Advocate, Developer Platform
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate who is passionate about helping developers successfully build solutions to empower sellers on Square's platform. We're growing the Square developer platform team as we expand and engage a broader section of the developer community. You'll help showcase platform capabilities by showcasing examples in a variety of languages and frameworks. You will also play a crucial role of representing the voice of external developers internally and bringing their feedback into our current and upcoming product offerings. Come grow the Square developer community!
- Build and grow the Square developer community
- Write and drive high-quality technical content that enables developers to understand and build on the platform
- Be the voice of Square in public forums and external videos and events for developers building on Square's e-commerce platform
- Work with our product teams, many other engineering teams, and partner developers in the design and delivery of Square's global developer platform
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or developer advocacy
- A desire to advocate for a remarkable developer experience
- Delivered high-quality code samples that engage developers in multiple languages and frameworks
- Engagement and communication with developer platform communities
- Pursued side projects, research, or open source projects
- Great communication and technical writing skills
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources