Senior Developer Advocate, Developer Platform
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate who is passionate about helping developers successfully build solutions to empower sellers on Square's platform. We're growing the Square developer platform team as we expand and engage a broader section of the developer community. You'll help showcase platform capabilities by showcasing examples in a variety of languages and frameworks. You will also play a crucial role of representing the voice of external developers internally and bringing their feedback into our current and upcoming product offerings. Come grow the Square developer community!
- Build and grow the Square developer community
- Write and drive high-quality technical content that enables developers to understand and build on the platform
- Be the voice of Square in public forums and external videos and events for developers building on Square's e-commerce platform
- Work with our product teams, many other engineering teams, and partner developers in the design and delivery of Square's global developer platform
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or developer advocacy
- A desire to advocate for a remarkable developer experience
- Delivered high-quality code samples that engage developers in multiple languages and frameworks
- Engagement and communication with developer platform communities
- Pursued side projects, research, or open source projects
- Great communication and technical writing skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.