Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst - Seller
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst, reporting to a Finance & Strategy Lead, to support multiple teams within our Finance and Strategy organization. Finance & Strategy team members have an intimate understanding of the business. We gain this by using analytical tools to evaluate customer and financial trends, answer questions with data-driven insights, and communicate relevant recommendations.
- Apply expertise of Square's business to 1) forecast product financial performance, including all trends, 2) create analyses used for strategy development, 3) surface strategic insights for partners and 4) help inform Square's investment capacity in product development.
- Partner with departments (e.g. Accounting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing, and others) to analyze on the financial impact of decisions across the company.
- You will lead strategic projects. Illustrative examples include pricing, new market analysis and competitor benchmarking.
- Report our results and communicate important takeaways to senior team members (product leaders, board members and executive staff), including identifying business opportunities and risks.
- Summarize data from SQL and work with multiple partners to understand complex relationships between main reasons for our business.
- You will help advise on the Payroll operating expense budget activities to ensure investment allocation and resources are align with Square's strategic priorities.
- 4+ years experience working at a top tier Investment Banking or Consulting firm, or Corporate Strategy experience. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-growth environment, performing complex modeling and analysis
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- Strong analytical skills (excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel) and effective communication skills, with experience in dealing with cross-functional teams
- High level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and having impact, deep interest in problem solving
- Experience with payments industry preferred
- Experience with analytics tools and data visualization tools (Looker) preferred
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources