Mobile Engineering Manager, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 24 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a Mobile Engineering Manager on Cash App, you’ll play a pivotal role in mobile development: building a passionate team and a meaningful product that will fundamentally change the way people interact with financial institutions. You will be responsible for growing the team; working closely with our engineering, design and product teams to deliver on our vision for the future and helping evolve our industry-changing app.
- Manage and grow a team of experienced and passionate mobile engineers
- Build new, exciting functionality into an app designed to provide real value to customers
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Experience managing and mentoring engineers (including providing feedback, investing in the career growth of your team members and growing teams).
- A knack for creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code.
- An eye for design or an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition.
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, our software).
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.