Senior Technical Product Manager, Business Technology
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager for the Business Technology Engineering team, you will guide important programs from creation through execution. You will oversee product life cycle management, and ensure the successful launch of new products.
You will be in a unique position of having multiple teams as your core customers and will lean on an accomplished Data & Engineering team to ensure that our products provide remarkable experience and accuracy.
- Drive road map formulation and represent the team to external stakeholders and cross functional partners
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve all of our goals
- Understand your customer's needs and their jobs to be done. Summarize those needs to shape the product road map, and define and improve important metrics
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- Communicate product updates effectively to your team and partners
- Set the product's road map and priorities to guarantee a product is completed on time and within scope
- Represent the team with partners and leaders to align resources and prioritization
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Deep knowledge of modern Engineering processes.
- Navigated difficult situations with competing partner needs and across multiple audiences (individual contributors, managers, executives)
- Experience with customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- You will figure out solutions to hard problems with constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources