Site Reliability Engineer, Ecommerce
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Site Reliability Engineers at Square are hybrid systems and automation engineers important to building and operating our internal business applications and the underlying hybrid cloud corporate infrastructure. You will build systems with an eye towards improving security and performance. We’re looking for engineers who want to be a part of maintaining and scaling this infrastructure through software tooling and automation.
- Build tools and automation that enhance Square employees’ productivity
- Build scalable infrastructure to manage corp systems (both on-prem and AWS) and applications.
- Minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes to affect durability, availability, and performance.
- Improve projects and handle security incidents with efficiency
- Collaborate across multiple teams include Client Platform Engineering, Corp Systems Engineering, IT Support, Production Platform Engineering, and Information Security.
- Build automation tools to detect and prevent security threats.
- Build automation to help with capacity planning for our hybrid cloud infrastructure (on-prem and Corp AWS infrastructure)
- Perform periodic on-call duty to handle security, availability, and efficiency of Square corporate services.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience developing and troubleshooting large-scale infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in any of following languages: Python, Ruby
- System/network debugging skills.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network, and application-level security.
- Experience with management/automation tools such as Puppet/Chef/SALT.
- Experience with setting up production-level monitoring and telemetry
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.