Industry Relations & Operations, Relationship Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Payments team enables Square to move money. From developing infrastructure to working with external partners, we find the best ways to move money across different networks and markets in a way that is cost-effective, available, scalable, secure, and forward-looking. As a Payments Partnerships Relationship Lead, you will help adapt and evolve our relationships with global payment networks to reflect Square's increasing role in a complex and imbalanced industry. From commercial relationships and agreements to program management, working with product, operations, engineering and global country teams, your role will be to support Square's Industry Relations and Operations agenda and help Square grow and adapt in the dynamic landscape of the industry in which we operate. Reporting to the Global Head of Network Partnerships, this position is based in San Francisco with 15% travel expected.
- Manage strategic relationships with payment industry partners, including global payment networks
- Build a comprehensive global payments strategy for Square in the evolving mobile payments space
- Strengthen the influence and market position of Square's business and brand while promoting and growing joint marketing and promotion opportunities with industry partners
- Work with payment industry partners and suppliers toward scoping and implementing new features and strengthening commercial, strategic, and processing infrastructure
- Understand Square's competitive position and implement programs to further payments products, services and strategic goals
- Lead management for Square's strategic industry projects, including the partner engagements required to use new products and platforms
- Maximize current partnerships through detailed account management, working with partners to define and iterate new programs and products
- Research industry trends, payment network rules and opportunities for Square to further distinguish its positioning and payments products
- Partner with Country teams, Counsel, Developers, Finance, Hardware, Marketing, Partnerships, Product, Sales and external businesses, vendors and industry leaders to better develop Square's go to market delivery and strategy
- 6+ years of experience in the payment industry and its current evolution both domestically and abroad. Experience at a global payments network.
- Experience success leading a variety of commercial negotiations.
- Analytical skills that ensure analysis of nascent industry movements.
- Support Square's position.
- Understanding of the PSP business model, acquiring payments network rules.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources