Senior Interactive Designer, Brand
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.**
Square is looking for a Senior Interactive Designer to join our award-winning Creative team. As a Senior Interactive Designer, you’ll collaborate to craft engaging web experiences and weave new narratives for our merchants around the world. You’ll create simplicity, structure, and meaning in how people learn about Square and our products.
Senior Interactive Designers are specialists on a multidisciplinary creative team of program managers, art directors, copywriters, graphic designers, and design technologists. However, on a daily basis you’ll also work with cross-functional partners (like Research & Strategy, Analytics, Design Technologists, Product and Brand Marketing, Production Design, and Product Teams) and Creative Leadership.
- Collaborate to translate business, web, and marketing strategies into creative concepts and communicate them effectively through design.
- Work through complex design problems to create beautiful and thoughtful interactions for our website and digital projects that deliver on strategic goals.
- Have a collaborative and communicative design process, from content strategy, visual concepting, and wireframing all the way through design execution.
- Consider user journeys and UX across several brand touchpoints and within specific interactions.
- Design at a systems level, building components to be reused, scaled, and optimized across different screen sizes and devices.
- Iterate and communicate ideas across various levels of fidelity (site architecture, wireframes, prototypes, explorations, or final page designs)
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies and tactics
- Help create marketing campaign landing pages, core marketing web pages, email campaigns, digital display ads, interactive experiences and tools for web.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience designing for web / product
- Led large scale initiatives (net new product / campaign / major features) work from ideation to final deliverable
- Worked across multiple product areas/departments and handled multiple complex tasks at once
- Experience using current design systems and standards
- Expertise in typography, composition, layout, design thinking, and content strategy in the design solutions you create
- Expertise in Figma
- Experience using Contentful CMS to build web pages
- Proficiency with prototyping tools
- Proficient in HTML / CSS
- Familiarity with web best practices and protocols for web usability and testing
- Proficient in After Effects
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources