Software Engineer, Device Software Team
- Toronto, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We want employees to be able to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of an organization that works across all North American time zones. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours.
Our inclusive hardware team builds the tangible connection to all that is Square. As we introduce more and more of our products to the world, our hardware footprint expands. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the software tools used to develop and test Square's hardware products.
Our Developer Experience (DX) team within Device Software Engineering, looks across the software development life cycle to find opportunities to help speed up delivery and improve the quality of our Hardware and Software products. While team members focus on a specific area and tool chain, there are opportunities to try something else if you are interested. You will report to our Engineering Manager, Developer Experience.
- Build Python tooling and frameworks to accelerate hardware development
- Develop virtualized build environments for CI and developer use
- Maintain CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in Python development, deployment, and best practices
- Experience in designing and developing container virtualization
- The desire to work across team boundaries with your partners such as; Android and Embedded Product teams
Even better if you have experience in any of the following:
- Working with CMake or similar build systems
- Designing CI processes
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources