Core Sales Strategy Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's Sales organization drives aggressive revenue growth for us by deeply understanding our Sellers' stories and helping them onboard excellent solutions to grow their businesses. The team balances an infectiously positive attitude with a desire to succeed and see our company grow alongside our customers.
As an analyst on the Sales Strategy team, you will use your skills to empower data-driven decision-making across our Sales organization. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in analytics, strategy & planning, and financial analysis. You will join our motivated team of analysts and support our global Sales teams in optimizing our Sales growth across each of our markets. You will report to the Head of Sales Strategy.
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data to obtain insights to promote strategic business decisions
- Consult with Sales leadership to identify growth levers and design their implementation and tracking
- Align with (and learn from) cross-functional partners in Finance, Data Science, Marketing, Product, and more
- Opportunity for rotation across several functional work streams to find your specialization
- Bachelor's degree required (major in analytical or technical field preferred)
- 2+ years of analytical experience (ideally in consulting, finance, or sales/business operations)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) / Google Sheets - elegant analyses and models
- Experience with querying/reporting using SQL (Snowflake) and Salesforce
- Demonstrated collaboration across departments including finance, product, marketing, analytics, etc.
- Creative problem-solving skills and attitude - willingness to build new deliverables/processes from scratch
- Willingness to take on big challenges and manage the results from brainstorm to execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to influence others effectively
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources