Supplier Quality Engineer
- Shenzhen, China
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
The Supplier Quality Engineer manages the Supplier's quality of material, finished goods, and process across NPI and Sustaining phases of manufacturing. You will lead to drive high-quality material to meet development and mass production requirements, and ensure the robustness of the overall product quality. You will also play a critical role to help scope, define and revisit the Roles and Responsibility along the way as this is the first SQE role in Square Hardware operations.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Operations through design, development, and mass production to manage the quality of incoming material across a variety of component manufacturing processes
- Responsible for Supplier quality activities - material, production, process and shipments etc.
- Engage with the Contract Manufacturer and component suppliers to ensure the quality of finished goods
- Perform First Article Inspections (FAI) to make sure samples meet the drawings and specifications
- Implement, validate, and monitor supplier's IQC, IPQC, and OQC to ensure proper SOPs, SIPs, operator/inspector training, equipment, and documentation are implemented and followed
- Drive the qualification activity to make sure the component is qualified in CMs before PVT
- Drive the correlation activity between Supplier OQC and CMs IQC
- Improve supplier quality
- Manage Supplier's corrective actions system (investigation, documentation, and implementation of corrective action and the verification of their effectiveness)
- Conduct supplier audits and respond to findings by proposing and implementing necessary FACA
- Coordinate and manage cosmetic limit sample selections and allocations for all involved parties
- Prepare documentation, post reports, drive quality metrics, and communication
- Drive teams responsible for issues until a decision or solution is reached
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of Supplier Quality Engineer experience, especially in mechanical parts
- Experience with Manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and project leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- Ability to travel to Supplier and Contract Manufacturing partners
- Familiar with data analysis tools, like Minitab and JMP
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources