Android Engineer, Terminal Product
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Position open to remote: Yes
Our team, Terminal for Individuals, works with the sellers who need Square the most: small businesses who depend on us to ease the burden of their payment processing. These sellers make up a substantial portion of Square's revenue, giving us a very powerful lever to contribute significantly to our overall performance as a company.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
Leveling & Promotions
Square has a robust program in place to ensure that as an engineer you’re always learning, growing, and increasing your impact within the company – regardless of if you’re a new college graduate, or a senior engineer with 10+ years of experience. If you want to learn more, check out this post on our engineering blog.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources